Saturday, July 28, 2007

Finally caught up!


Ok, I know it's been a VERY long time since I've updated my blog and I apologize sincerely. The past month has been crazy busy, especially since we were away for 9 days at the cottage. Nevertheless, I am finally caught up....you'll have to scroll down and start from "Canada Day Weekend" and scroll your way back up to the present.

It really is amazing how quickly time goes by and how fast Jessica is growing up. She is crawling around on her hands and knees now, and pulls herself up onto everything (and can get back down too!) She loves to just sit on her knees, bounce around and play. She is pointing at everything and recognizes, points and says "BOOK", "DUCK", "BIKE", "DOG", "CAT" and "BALL". She also recognizes and points at the Canadian Flag whenever she sees it. I think her all-time favourite "toys" are BOOKS!!

Jess is sleeping 11-12h at night (in bed around 7:00 pm), napping 2x a day (for about an hour each) and eating like crazy!! She is finally enjoying fruits - after I figured out the best thing to do is feed her fruits first! So she is finally having well balanced meals (actually, she eats better than we do! =) - fruits, meat, veggies & grains. She is able to feed herself some foods, including cut-up whole wheat pita or toast, avocado slices, shredded chicken, cheese strips and diced bananas.

As I mentioned in my "Cottage Weekend" post, she now has 8 teeth! The bottom two incisors came in while we were away. As you can see in some of the photos, her hair is growing quickly too, but I refuse to cut it because I want it long! Hopefully I'll be able to put it in a little ponytail
on top of her head because those little clips are, although extremely cute, definitely hazardous.

I think that's about it! A month and a half left before I go back to work *sigh* - we are interviewing for home day care providers right now but haven't found anyone we love yet. So please think of us, we have to find someone soon!! Oh, and we start Water Toddlers next week - it should be fun, Jess is sooo cute in the water!

Bye for now!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

sweet skirt. Who dresses her????

Anonymous said...

Good luck finding a caregiver for her. We lucked into a wonderful one... don't worry, you'll just KNOW when you meet the right person.

Btw, it sounds like your Jess is an early talker, just like my J. He was a real chatterbox as a baby too... talking in three-word sentences by age 18 months. I'm sure your Jess will be a little smartie pants. :)